Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ivins Heritage Days

Fun on the swings!

Fancy action shot :)


Chris thought taking his hat off was really funny. This was the best picture I could get. At least you can tell he was having fun

Such a big boy! Jake did the obstacle course this year!

Future Fireman!

Every year the city of Ivins puts together a night of fun :) This year the night started out with hot dogs and chili. Of course the boys didn't have time to eat! There is always so much to do. So the boys night started at the park (the swings were their favorite) and Jake (with the help of Aunt Stephanie) completed an inflatable obstacle course. Both, Jake and Chris, got a cool firemans hat. This year they had a new game. A dunk tank with members of the Ivins police. Instead of throwing a ball, the kids got to use the fire hose! Jake thought it was so funny to see them dunked time after time. Then Jacobs nusery teacher, Sister Studley, let him look in a fire truck and ambulance. That part made Jake a little nervous. Not sure why...he just didn't like it. To finish the night off, we got to ride in a fire truck!! Both boys thought it was so cool! They both sat in the back and ooo'd and ahh'd. It is so nice for the city to do this! We look forward to next year!

4 comments:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

Jacobs looks like a pro with the firehose. I enjoy going each year to the festival as well.

Ashlee said...

I totally miss Heriatage days! The boys are getting so big! Wow! Time is flying!

Ali said...

I love how "boy" they are. I had this flashabck as I was reading this. remember how you used to hate the sound of sirens? Maybe that was why Jacob got nervous. But the way, I love the action shot. :-)

Amy said...

The boys are so cute!
I'm LOVING all of the updates =]