Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"He's my boy"


Tonight after their bath, I was putting lotion on Jake and he points to Chris and says, "He's my boy." (as in Homeboy :) I have no idea where he got that but it made me smile. I love days when they get along. Today was one of those days. We all got flu shots today and it was sweet to watch Jake when Chris got his. He was worried that he was hurt. It is also sweet how Jake comes to Chris's defense. Like when I take a toy away from him, Jake always jumps in and tells me that Chris was playing with that and I need to give it back. (yes, its sweet but it doesn't prevent me from getting a little upset with him. Bad mom...I know) I'm glad I have days like these to look back on when there are days when they fight constantly (which is often). I'm glad Chris will have a friend and someone to look out for him in nusery next week. As Jake sums it up..."He's my boy" :)

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

oh Amanda, that is too cute! The boys are really getting big and we have only been gone for a month and a half! Where is the time going? Hey, don't worry about the potty training thing, Jake will get it. Like your mom's doc said, He has never seen a kindergartener not be potty trained. He will get it! :)

Amy said...

That is too cute!
Jake probably got it from me =]

Ali said...

Yeah, I love when Raychel gets mad at me for getting on to her sisters. "Mom, you be nice to my sissies!" Um, take your own advice, Raych. It's so sweet when they get along! Even when they don't get along, they are still cute. :-)

Susan said...

Nursery next week. . .yipee! We've got 3 more weeks here and I can't wait! It's an accomplishment to get through Sacrament meeting with Katie, two more hours of sitting are out of the picture! You're boys are getting so big! That's so sweet!