Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Campers

Jakes famous pose :)

Chris seriously watching the coals


The Happy Campers


Since we have a backyard now, Jeff decided to take the boys "camping" Friday night. This was Jakes first time sleeping in a sleeping bag, let alone outside. So after dinner, Jake helped dad set the tent up and get the coals ready for smores. The boys weren't too sure about the smores :) Jake decided to go with a plain cold marshmellow and Chris just smeared melted marshmellow and chocolate all over his face and pants. (Jeff and I enjoyed them though) Then came the sleeping part. Jake was so excited! He got to hold his own flashlight and I gave him a glow stick. Thats all he needs for a good time :) Chris didn't like it so much so he came in to sleep with me. Smart kid :) Jake did great! He fell asleep and slept sound till 5:30 am when it started to rain. They came inside where Jeff fell asleep on the couch and Jake stayed awake. Yes. Awake at 5:30. It about killed me, but we made it. I am so thankful that the boys have such a fun dad to do things like this with. I am so thankful for him! Maybe next year we will try "real" camping :)

3 comments:

Ali said...

I am cracking up how Chris is looking at Jeff! He's like "are you serious about this?" That's so cute! Fun memories!

Amy said...

How fun that they can do stuff like that!

Ashlee said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The picture of Jeff and the boys is very cute. I have to agree with Ali that Chris looks a little hesitant about the whole idea. How fun!