Monday, December 1, 2008

Family Night

Jake and Santa

Chris and Santa

Our Family


Tonight we went up to Tuachan to see the live Nativity and Santa. It was so much fun! We went and saw Santa first. Jake went right up to Santa and gave him knuckles. Too cute! Then he sat on his lap and told him he wanted a Optamis Prime and Megatron (those are Transformers for the little boy lingo impaired). I was impressed that he actually talked to him this year! Chris was next. He could have cared less about seeing Santa than getting his candy cane. He was eyeing the basket from the minute he got up there.

Then we went into see the live Nativity. It was amazing. They play carols and read the Christmas Story from Luke. They have real animals and actors play the parts. It was so tender to watch with the boys. As Mary and Joseph were holding the baby Jesus, Jake turns to me and whispers, "Mom! Thats the baby Jesus Christ!" It made me cry. How sweet and innocent he is. I love this time of year and the feeling of love everyone has. I am so thankful for my Savior. I am also so thankful for Mary and Joseph. I've been thinking a lot lately about how challenging that was for them. How humble and faithful they were. I am so thankful for them and the courage they had. I love to see all the Nativities this time of year. Its a reminder of what this season is really about. I love teaching Jake and Chris about it. It amazes me how much they learn. They remind me that this season is about "the Baby Jesus Christ".

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Amanda, How are you guys doing? The boys are growing up too quickly. Looks like you guys had a great time at the live nativity! That was such a sweet comment that Jake said about the the baby being Jesus. Kids are so perceptive. They know more than we think they do. Sorry we missed you over Thanksgiving. It was a stressful, busy one. We are coming for NewYears and will have more time. I really want the boys to get together. Hope all is well for you guys. Miss ya!

Ali said...

I can't believe they aren't afraid of Santa! I love how he gave him knuckles! I wish we could have gone to that nativity story together. That sounds like so much fun. That was so sweet what Jacob said. I love the innocence of our children!