Monday, December 14, 2009

Must Be Christmas Time!

Tonight we had a special visit from Santa and Mrs. Clause! We have a cute couple in our ward that dress up and come around to all the kids in the ward...every year. They are so sweet to do this. The boys were way excited! They each got a turn to tell Santa what they wanted. Then Santa gave them a candy cane. Not a small mint one like you get everywhere else. This was a full size Spree one. As Chris was eating his, it fell on the tile floor and shattered. He was devastated that we couldn't fix it. No other candy cane would do either. He wanted the one from Santa. We are so lucky to be in our ward and have such wonderful friends and neighbors.
Its a tradition in Jeff's family, that you get a new ornament every year. This year I decided we should paint our own. I found these kits at Target (Love that place!) for $2. So we decided that we would paint them tonight for FHE. The boys had fun painting theirs. While painting and talking, I was informed by Jake that he is allergic to "yucky colored water and moths. They make me cough." Good to know. I guess we'll have to keep him away from those in the future :)

Getting started. Jake chose the snowman to paint.

Chris starting on his penguin. I love how he looks like he is really thinking about what color to choose next :)

The finished products. Jake's is the snowman on the upper left, then Jeff's Joy, my snowflake, and Christopher's penguin on the left. I think he has like an inch of paint on that thing.
I am so thankful for this time of year and the opportunity we have to spend time together as a family. I am so thankful for my family and all the fun memories we have together. I hope one day the boys will look back and think all the things we did together were fun too :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh my gosh! What a cute couple! That is so nice they do that every year. My girls would eat something like that up! The ornaments were super cute too. Loved teh yellow snowman. Have you explained yellow snow yet? :-)

Dad said...

LOVE, LOVE THE BLOG!!!
MOM