Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy 4th...one week later

Well Happy 4th of July (one week late)! It was a fun one here at the Coulam house. It was a laid back day that began with scones (tuffies if you will). I mean, nothing says freedom like deep fried bread :) The boys were so excited for fireworks! So after some hamburgers we decided it was a reasonable time to head out to do our own fireworks. First, though, we decided we needed some ice cream from the Iceberg. The boys love getting their own cone. After the ice cream was eaten, Jeff and I put on a "show" for the boys. They thought it was so much fun! They couldn't get enough of the fireworks...until the big show started. I didn't get any pictures of the boys during that one cause Jeff was holding Chris and I was holding Jake's ears closed :) They were really good until the last 5 min. They were hot and done. When asked what their favorite part was on the way home, Chris just said "Yeah". Jake's favorite part...drinking water :)
Chris enjoying his vanilla cone

Jake was adventurous and got chocolate this time!

Enjoying mom and dad's show

Jake trying to blow out his "sprinklers"

Chris with his sparkler
I am so thankful for this free country we live in and for the brave men and women who fought to give us our freedom.



2 comments:

Dad said...

I am glad that jacob tried the chocolate ice cream, that's nanas' favorite. They look like they had fun, but they do look hot, and I'm sure it was:.

Mom

Alison said...

I was laughing at their sweaty, red cheeks. Man, I bet it was HOT. They look so cute. The heat wasn't going to ruin their evening!